Friday, August 28, 2009

Little Stinker

About two weeks ago I was asking Vic when he thought Alexis would stand up in her crib. Wasn't 9 months around the time that usually happens? Well, the big moment arrived last Friday. I was in Lexi's room after her nap opening her blinds, and when I turned around, there she was - standing tall and grinning with pride. Had to run down for the camera to capture the moment for her daddy (hence the tears in the first picture - she was happily showing off for me, and then I disappeared for a minute). I know, I know - sorry Lexi.


When I envisioned this new milestone, however, I didn't think about the side effect....and that would be a little girl who now stands up the minute she's put in her crib and doesn't want to/know how to get back down. Our fabulous sleeper is a bit less fabulous at it lately. This morning, I took down her mobile and her monitor so she has nothing enticing her up. I put some of her favorite friends, Mr. Bear and Mr. Hippo, in the crib and tried teaching her how to sit back down. Let's hope she catches on quickly. We're missing our beauty sleep in the Hamilton house this week! Of course, she also got her second tooth (on Tuesday), had a fever and broke out into a rash, so maybe the crib is not entirely to blame. 

For all the aggravation, it sure does make for some cute pictures, and we smile every time we walk in and see our ladybug standing tall. And, while I'm posting pics of Alexis in her cute pjs from the Clifford family, here are a few more that show our little stinker in action:




P.S.  At her 9 month checkup yesterday (9 months and 11 days to be exact), Alexis weighed in at 20 pounds, 1 ounce (70th percentile) and was 29 inches tall (90th percentile). She's still one tall girl, and we think her chubby cheeks helped up her percentage in the weight category this time around :)

1 comment:

Aunt Wendy said...

Erin, lock the doors and fasten up the cabinets...you are about to enter the world of "mobile and curious babyhood". So proud of Lexi and excited for her to show off her new tricks at her next visit, hoping it will be soon:)