Sunday, November 22, 2009

The 12 Month Old You

We had a very fun week celebrating the twelve month old you, Alexis. Your family and friends helped make your first birthday such a special one for you and for us!

But on November 16, your actual birthday, it was a more quiet day, a more simple day, a pretty perfect day actually. Mommy woke you up singing Happy Birthday (by now the song had lost a bit of its luster, but you were happy all the same). We played with your toys and puzzles, we went for a walk. And then we jumped in the car and met daddy for lunch - what a treat! When he got home from work, it was time for more birthday cupcakes. I guess practice does make perfect as you loved it this time around!

We spent time "walking" (you are so close to taking off on your own), and then it was time for your bath. The sugar high had you bouncing off the walls - standing up, splashing, trying to swim in the tub, clapping, squealing. Part of me wishes I had stopped to video tape it, but the bigger part of me is happy I stayed right there with you and your dad and just enjoyed the moment! A quiet day, a simple day, a pretty perfect day indeed.







1 comment:

Kelley Brown said...

I love that last picture. It's like she's saying, "Don't I get more??" Happy 1st bday Alexis!!!