Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Say Cheese

I've been known to be a bit camera obsessed from time to time :) Loved looking through pictures when I was a little girl, was always the one lugging her camera around in high school and college, and now I freely admit to spending/wasting time following some photography blogs that interest me.

But, the photos I take often just sit on my camera's memory card or get posted here or on facebook. Every once in a while, it's nice to print a few out and frame them - just like our parents did. Or even better, send them in the mail to those very same parents and Grandparents. 

One day recently, I dressed Miss Lexi up in a sweet sundress and spunky pigtail. My friend Jamie snapped a few shots of her, and then of course I did too. And ya know what...I then printed them out and mailed them off. And I think our family was just as happy to receive them as I was to send them :)   
While she might not love the camera now, 
I do hope one day she'll appreciate all the photos her mommy took of her as a little girl. 
I know I will! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were always lugging Vic around in high school?

The Hamiltons said...

Clever...or was it the other way around?

Anonymous said...

i do the same thing! my father is constantly asking me to send him pics of syd (and now ben!). i think i've done it once in 2.5 years! ooops!

Kelley Brown said...

Awe..love the sundress! And Lexi and Grace have the same chair!

I really need to study some photography blogs to get some tips because I have a nice camera now and NO skills.