Friday, February 11, 2011

Girl Talk

We have been sick this week, Lexi.
I am quickly learning that when you combine the following:
preschool, toddlers and cold season,
you end up with the following:
runny noses, coughs and ear infections.
You have not been sleeping well as a result.
Most nights lately I have been hearing you over the monitor.
MOOOOMMMY, MOOOOMMMY
Hold me, rock me, tickle me, pick me up
PUH-LEASE
Cough, cough, cough
On Monday night when this happened, I did what any mother would do.
I brought you downstairs so I could hold you and rock you and tickle your back -
while I watched "The Bachelor".
And before I knew it, you were watching too.
You definitely agreed that Michelle is a little bit crazy,
Emily seems like a total sweetheart,
And Brad, while not bad to look at, is not the sharpest tool in the shed.
It was a sweet hour spent with my little lady.
And after the TLC on the couch, you coughed the rest of the night away...
in bed with your mom and your dad.
Never fear though!
Thanks to good 'ole Amoxicillin,
you (and your appreciative parents) slept the whole night through last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alexis, you may have been sick this week, and I hope you're feeling better...but you still look so darn cute!

Love, Aunt Wendy

Anonymous said...

Erin

I really love the two new pictures of Alexis on the blog header, she looks great in both of them.

Tom