Alexis,
Once your new bed arrived,
we decided it was time to give your room a little facelift.
It needed to feel a little more girly, a little more "big kid-ish".
You see, back before we knew that you were YOU,
we painted your nursery walls a pretty khaki.
When you were born, we brought in lots of pink accents.
It was soothing and sweet.
But, you're almost two-and-a-half now.
And, not only are you a big girl,
you are also a girly girl so far.
Your favorite color is pink.
You wear a bow in your hair nearly every day.
And, whenever you wear a dress, you announce "I'm a princess"
and begin to twirl around the room.
So, we decided that our big girl needed a big girl room.
I have adored striped walls since I first saw a photo of your friend Millie's nursery.
We decided on green and white to match your bedding.
We got a frilly, eyelet bed skirt.
We wanted to give Uffu, the owl you sleep with, a buddy.
So, up on the wall went "Hoot", who watches over you while you're dreaming.
We are still looking for some artwork for the walls.
And we're also in search of a new rug.
But, so far, the room has really come together.
It's so cheerful, you can't help but smile every time you walk in.
It's exactly the big girl room we envisioned for our big girl!
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Its a beautiful room Lexi, for a beautiful "big girl"!
Luv,
Aunt Wendy:-)
I LOVE it!
Amy
The room looks so great! The walls really make the room. Love the bedding too. I got a sleeping bag for Grace last Xmas in that bedding and then the owl pillowcase. The bedding looks so cute, and I love the owl on the wall. I know Lexi is loving her new room.
Post a Comment