Monday, April 4, 2011

Potty Time

Alexis,

A few weeks ago, we decided to give potty training a go.
We didn't want to put pressure on you since you're still pretty young,
but we figured we'd test the waters and see whether you caught on.
I knew just how to motivate you - by offering you food :)
This seems to be all the prodding you needed,
as you have done remarkably well.
We started with a little potty seat.
And, once you go the hang of it,
we switched to a Dora potty seat cover.
You are so proud every time you go.
"I think I'm all done!" you say.
Then, of course, you ask for a chip or a little cookie.
It seems like we're going to have to change the reward -
because you've been getting LOTS of cookies the last week or two.
We are so proud of you,
and we think you look just adorable in your big girl underwear.
This photo is from the other night.
You asked me for a little privacy. Seriously.
I came back a few minutes later to find you reading my UVA magazine!
I called your daddy up right away and of course had to snap a picture.
We both agreed, you look like you're 2 going on 20.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Lexi!
Luv, the Hanks Gang

The Freedmans said...

Too funny. Yes, potty training is not my favorite thing. It's a huge hassle when out and about. Such is life.

SMALL WORLD! Yes, my 5 year old niece, Grace Horton, goes to Greenfield Hill. She loves it. I think my brother and sister-in-law really like it too. I can give my sister-in-laws email address if you want to ask her any questions.