Sunday, December 29, 2013

An Elmo Birthday Party

We celebrated Ryleigh's birthday in a way I knew she'd enjoy:
an Elmo theme
a Chick-fil-A location
with an indoor playground
and balloons
and cupcakes
and candy cane favors.
It was simple and sweet in the midst of this busy holiday season.
Shh, don't tell the older brothers and sisters, 
but the party was while they were off at school. 
The birthday girl!
Everyone picked a balloon to take home
Delicious "cupcakes" from 'Nothing Bundt Cake'
I pushed for Dora or Tinkerbell,
but the birthday girl was pretty adamant that she liked Elmo best
As a seasoned parent,  
I've learned to let go and do what will make her most happy. 
Not a fan of the party hat,
though it sure does look sweet on her
She had been practicing singing "Happy Birthday" for a month,
first to her sister, then to her daddy.
Finally, it was her turn!
Mesmorized by her candle
Miss Kim always there to lend a helping hand
Ryleigh is so lucky to have begun forming her very first friendships.
I'm so lucky that the kiddos all have such wonderful and thoughtful mommies. 
You can't totally tell from this picture, 
but she's just finishing giving her friend Bennett a giant hug.
And there you have it, 
a perfect little party for our sweet-as-can-be birthday girl!!
(Her big sister was thrilled to help with the present opening later that evening.) 

No comments: