Sunday, June 5, 2016

I'm so glad I'm me

Big sister decided to take a break from dance this year,
so it was Ryleigh's turn to shine on stage.
She took a sweet ballet/tap combo class
with her best friend Phoebe and two other little girls.
Their teacher, Miss Kamille, couldn't have been kinder.
And we all agreed...
she sounds just like a princess when she talks.
They performed a tap dance in the recital
to the song "I'm so glad I'm me",
and we were thrilled that Nanny came to town to watch.
I wasn't sure if she would be shy up there on the stage,
in front of all those people and under the lights.
She spent much of the rehearsal dancing sideways,
watching her teacher who was hidden in the wings.
But on the big day,
our girl faced front and center,
and tapped her little heart out.
Great job, Ryleigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Ryleigh!!

Luv,
Aunt Wendy