Lexi's wish to go skiing finally came true!
We were invited to join Danielle and Emory
at their family's Colorado home
and couldn't pass up the mother-daughter invitation.
Living in Texas now, we no longer see much snow,
so all four of us were thrilled as we drove
up into the mountains
and were greeted by a sea of white.
The girls were living their best life
throwing snowballs, climbing snow drifts,
then settling into the hot tub under the stars.
We were out the door bright and early
for ski school lessons.
I pulled Lexi after just a few hours
because she seemed ready to hit the slopes with me.
Her very fist run, Schoolmarm, was a 3.8 mile trail,
and I don't think she fell one time.
We spent the remaining days on the mountain,
and in the adorable ski town of Keystone.
Our favorite trail was one that went
off the beaten path and even included skiing
through a little shed. It was fun for all!
Lexi had a brief bout with altitude sickness,
but even that barely slowed her down.
I am so grateful we got to share this experience
together, and I'm thankful for the sweet friends who
invited us along on the adventure.
Friday, February 9, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment