This weekend, I left Alexis for the first time and headed off to DC to see all my college friends and attend a baby shower for one of them. These days, we are married, several of us are new moms, and we're scattered from New Hampshire to Houston, North Carolina to Chicago. But while the distance between us has grown, the friendships remain the same.
As I was enjoying myself down South, Vic and Lexi were busy enjoying a daddy-daughter weekend themselves! Grandpa Tom came Friday to visit and spend the night, and the three of them seemed to have a wonderful time. Being a social butterfly, Alexis showered Tom with smiles, babbles and bubbles. Come Saturday, the warm weather led to a daddy-daughter team with places to go and people to see. Later that afternoon, with the errands complete and bath time over, Vic took his little lady for a walk to see the geese nearby and greet all the neighbors.
Lexi went over to her friend Madison's house on Sunday morning as Vic joined his brother and some friends at the Rangers game, and we're told by Laura and Corey that she was a perfect house guest. So proud of my little girl (and missing her quite a bit), I was happy to scoop her up around lunchtime. The weekend was a success for us all, and Vic had a hard time leaving her this morning. Their bond is a joy to see, and the pictures and videos he took so I could feel part of their fun make me smile. Enjoy!
Can you tell who dressed me today?
In case it's too small to read, the shirt says "Daddy loves me"
I've begun to grab hold of everything in sight,
in this case it's my ducky
<

No comments:
Post a Comment