Thursday, July 29, 2010

Home Alone

Well, not really.
But, Lexi did stay behind last weekend while Vic and I traveled to Chicago for a wedding.
She was in very good hands though because Aunt Wendy, Matt and Courtney came to babysit.

Alexis has been saying "Map and Cece bye bye" since her cousins left,
so I am confident she had a ball with them.
I'm also confident that trying to keep up with the older kids
and having constant attention from the Hanks clan tuckered her out...
she slept until almost 9 am Monday morning.
Not gonna lie...I did too :)
Here are some of the shots I took just before I left:
as well as a few Wendy shared with us:
Among other things, they went to Borders and walked around town,
went for ice cream, went to the beach and then the aquarium.
Thanks guys for keeping our Little Lady so happy and entertained
and for enabling Vic and I to have some fun too!

(As we rode to an after-party in a big, yellow school bus with no air conditioning and about 40 friends, some of whom were trying to climb onto the roof, and all of whom were singing at the top of their lungs, I had to laugh at the situation. Normally, my day is consumed with singing "The Wheels on the Bus" with Alexis. This time though, Vic and I were the "people on the bus"!)

1 comment:

cehanks said...

We slept in Monday morning too! Alexis was a pleasure to babysit, she was a wonderful sleeper and it was just adorable to hear her call for her cousins and see them all playing together. Truly one of the highlights of our summer!

Love,
Aunt Wendy